My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Recycling King

Here is my boy - the recycling king indeed. I was ready to put the recycling bin out for collection today when I realised that he had emptied it, and here is the result: a 'weapon castle' in case you need translation. We are not into weapons as such in our house, but I have yet to spot any in the castle anyway. He did this just before bedtime, hence the jammies. It isn't dark til about 8pm these days so summer is definitely nearing. Not that todays gloom and rain would have us believing. I could swear we were promised BRILLIANT weather today, over most of the country. Maybe Wellington is the loser and if we ventured North we could find some sun...naaah. We are staying put today I reckon.

Have just baked some banana muffins for morning tea and the house smells yummy. Bella is snoozing away in her room and I may curl up with a book for a while. I am starting "Farewell My Ovaries" by Wendy Harmer. Another 'chick lit'; my fave I admit. Call me shallow but I like to escape when I'm reading.

Yesterday we had Lily-from-next-door over for the morning, to play with Locks. And in the afternoon we took off to the park and had a great time in the sun. Bella indulged in a little swinging, a little sliding and cooed at the ducks and seagulls. Lockie posed for umpteen photos as I wielded the camera madly. Some of them are actually quite sweet.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ANNA said...

No Meg, this was a lucky fluke I reckon. It also shows how digital cams are the way to go - I delete a lot that don't make the grade!