My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Busy day



Mixed bag today. Lockie had his friend Lily's sushi party to attend this morning but threw a wobbly at the bottom of her driveway and refused to go any further, so I sent him home and went in to say sorry to her mum. An hour later, a subdued [and really bored] Lockie advised me he wouldn't mind going after all. So I trotted him over again [thank goodness they live next door!], and left him, although he refused to join in the pass-the-parcel that was starting as we got there. Not long after Bella woke from her morning nap and I took her over to collect our boy. He was munching cake along with a lot of little girls but managed to scowl at me when I was spotted. What a mean mum I am for making him go to a party! He scored this lovely Japanese bamboo umbrella as a parting gift.
Not long after, I dropped him off at the local pool and he went swimming with a friend, and her grandmother who is a friend of his Nana's. She treated the kids to McD's after that, with some play time at the park next to the pool in-between.
Bella and I went shopping and I bought a bunch of Christmas pressies from Craftworld - love that place. We too stopped in at McD's and she loved watching all the kids running around the playground. Yeah, I know I'm getting in early for Chrissie shopping but, as Meg pointed out, there are only a handful of paydays left before Christmas.
Lockie was knackered when he got home. He also was sporting a rash on his tummy which he showed me when he was in the bath - it looked like suburn and he cried when he got out - said it was really sore. Don't know what that was [maybe a reaction to the chlorine?] but I put some nappy rash cream on it and spooned some pain medicine into him for good measure and he cheered up. I did press the rash to check for meningitis though...you never know, do you?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

The pictures of your family are so precious! I enjoy reading about the activites you do together and the creative things that Lockie comes up with.

You're quite brave for letting him go swimming. My doctor advised my parents against that when I was a child. To this day I tend to avoid swimming pools and heaven forbid I would ever go into a jacuzzi or spa (far too many opportunities for bacteria to breed there!).

I hope all is well with you on the other side of the world. Here in California it's a beautiful drizzly grey day.

ANNA said...

I did figure out the rash cause - it was from rubbing his bare tum against the polystyrene flutter boards he played on in the pool.