My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tuesdays With Morrie

This is the name of a book I have just finished reading. It is a most amazing book - the dying days of an old college professor and the conversations he has with an ex-student, now grown up. I was sceptical that I would enjoy it but had heard of it and decided to give it a go. Right from the start I was hooked and at the end I cried. I really recommend reading this book - it really changed my perspective of the material world we live in. No, really! Go see for yourself and read Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Albom.

6 comments:

ANNA said...

Can't seem to make that link work - is anyone else able to access it??

Jessie said...

You've got 2x "http://". If you edit those out it should work.

CFchampion said...

Hi! I was wondering why you had Cystic Fibrosis on you interests list.
I was diagnosed with CF when I was 3 weeks old.
God bless.

ANNA said...

crap, couldn't rework that link thing for the book review, so you'll have to just believe me!

ws said...

I have met and talked with Mitch 2 or 3 times. His professor truly has been a tremendous influence on him. By the way New Zealand is one of the world's great places.

ANNA said...

thanks ws, I think NZ is pretty spectacular too - lucky really, cos so many of us Kiwis bugger off to other parts of the world in search of 'more'. And here it all is, right on our doortep - 'Godzone' as we like to call it. A pity about the big hole in ozone layer, right over us. Hmmm, SPF30+ and a decent sunhat for us all this Christmas!!