My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Guy Fawkes Night

Lockie and I had a blast on 5 November this year. We caught a train into the city and joined the thousands down at the waterfront for the 9pm fireworks. Just prior to 9pm we spotted a fire up on Mt Victoria - I could imagine that the fire engines would have a hard time reaching the summit because it was an ideal spot to view the fireworks and it's such a narrow winding road to get there. Lockie said he was scared of it! I pointed out that half the harbour lay between us and the fire... We travelled back on a packed train later and Lockie was so adorable, giving me hugs and kisses all the time and saying how great it was to spend time with me like this, to which I agreed. He really enjoyed the fireworks too - his second big display ever I think.

It was nearly 11pm when I was heading off to bed that I got a phone call from London. It was two of my sisters and one little niece with some happy stuff to tell me - love phonecalls like that!!! I went off to sleep happy, thanks girls. A pity Lockie 'forgot' to sleep in the next morning though.

The next day was Sunday and Fraz and Lockie went off for a spot of fishing off a wharf in Petone, and they saw a small fire started near the beach by some people setting off fireworks carelessly. Fire engines, police, the works followed. Lockie was a bit freaked and had a nightmare that night, but he didn't tell me until the morning. I can understand the call for a ban on public sales of fireworks - I agree!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Meg, how do you always get the first comment?!

ANNA said...

Now girls, don't fight over my blog...tee hee. Lockie is aware of the dangers of fire and that particular one at Petone Beach was edging closer to the Rokpig [car] apparently. Fraz was concerned but they were far from the car when they saw the fire start.