My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Friday, November 18, 2005

Raging Little Man

Lockie is such a sweetie but lately his rages are all-consuming and require quick action from me - we're talking time out, in the laundry, for a good 5 minutes [timed on microwave timer!] This morning he came into the lounge all chatty and happy, and then I asked him to get dressed a few times before he SNAPPED and yelled and screamed at me for 'being such a mean Mum'. A bit OTT I feel. Anyway, he was duly manhandled into the laundry [wearing just a t-shirt mind you] and he spent the 5 minutes mandatory 'thinking time' shrieking at me through the door and calling me nasty names! Fraz came in and we whispered about what to do with him [he heard us and demanded that we 'stop talking!'] and eventually he came out and slowly calmed down. Whew, mornings can be a nightmare when he's like that. I watched Supernanny last night and thought about what she would do and that helped. Poor Bella was crawling around during this time, looking quite concerned that Lockie was making so much racket - he yells at her too, especially when she tries to cheer him up with her smiles and chirrups.

Luckily Lockie was a little angel after that and even walked uncomplainingly to school. Holly's Dad asked if we would like to come over next weekend for afternoon tea so that's nice. Locks is sooo besotted with her! She gives him hugs apparently but he is very shy telling us that. Is it just me or are kids growing up real fast these days?

Aside from that, Fraz is being such an extra-lovely husband lately - he does dishes, makes the bed and opens curtains, puts out rubbish and has even changed a nappy unasked! These may sound like small things to some, but they are not normally done by my man. Of course, I make sure I show my appreciation! I think he has a little less stress in his days now his band is off overseas for a few months. Only a little less mind you, as his work is pretty high-stress at best.
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Yikes. You're a marvel to have any idea how to cope with that - sounds like you're doing a good job though. And sounds like Lockie is a teenager already as far as mood swings go. Well, give him a hug for me! And Bella too xx

ANNA said...

Fraz not keen on watching Supernanny or shows of similar ilk! He does listen to me when I spout something I've learnt from these shows tho, mostly anyway. I am able to detach myself remarkably well when my son is calling me 'stupid' and 'mean' and telling me 'I don't love you anymore!' This detachment/ignoring tends to have good results. I try not to raise to the bait - or raise my voice. One person yelling is enough!!