My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

blogging on

I've been reading a good book about blogging so will be trying a few more adventurous things with my blog soon. The book is from the library [where else?] and is called "Publishing a Blog with Blogger" by Elizabeth Castro. The trouble with working at the library is that I am unable to resist getting out piles of books that I am unlikely to get to read once I'm at home! I get a mix of fiction and non-fiction but half of them get returned without me opening them. This is not good! Maybe I should watch less TV and read more in the evenings - and not just in the ad breaks... TV's pretty crap these days anyway. I do like "Desperate Housewives" - they are sooo dysfunctional and yet so normal.

Recently a friend has taken her child along to a homeopath following some unhappy behaviour from him, and the results have been really encouraging - considering he only had to take one small pill. I am considering taking Lockie for a consultation - his moods can swing so quickly and he can get very aggressive and full of anger at the smallest of things. Sometimes Bella bears the brunt of his violence - she is sporting a bruised forehead at the moment from him throwing a toy at her. I sometimes wonder if the high-fat diet so necessary for his CF is affecting his behaviour - lots of junk food can't be great for anybody. I have checked out the website www.homeopathy.co.nz and have been cautiously impressed with the case studies there. Will keep you posted. Lots to do between now and Christmas so may not do anything further til January.

Only 32 days until Christmas Day!!!

2 comments:

ANNA said...

Can't wait til you're here too. Spoke to Dad this am, and Shirley too - gave her the rundown about Trademe!

Jessie said...

What rundown? That some cow ripped me off $270 and trademe can't do anything besides suggest I go to the Disputes Tribunal?

I agree, homeopathy sounds like a good idea. How is it different from naturopathy?