My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Friday, February 24, 2006

Gotta get a life...

I have learnt a valuable lesson about sending emails. Once you press that button to send one, it's gone and you cannot grab it back and change a word... yeah, I know this is obvious but I sure wished I could have done that last night when I inadvertently forwarded on a personal message that was just for me, to most members of my family. In the clear light of morning I hoped my sister would see the funny side of things and luckily for me, she did. I count myself very lucky that I am not in one of those dysfunctional families where grown adults send each other to Coventry like sulky pre-teens over silly misunderstandings or foolish mistakes. I know of several families like this and I can't understand them at all! Sure, we hurt the ones we love more than anyone else, but the power to forgive is a wonderful thing and who better to practise this skill on but our own flesh and blood?

OK, enough preaching! Last night I found myself watching 'Trading Spouses' on TV and I couldn't tear myself away! The Americans can really do it can't they. Two wives, with EXTREMELY opposite lifestyles were uprooted and swapped over for two weeks or so and boy was it weird to watch. These shows are so voyeuristic but if that's your bag you would have loved last night's viewing. [I've never watched it before, honest!] One woman was a hypnotherapist New Age spiritual-type person from Boston, and the other was a larger-than-life Louisianian OTT Christian-type who prayed aloud constantly and dry-retched violently over imagined smells and had 'bad feelings' about almost everything her new family did and said! She had to call on every member of the Deity and waddle away as fast as she could when brought into the presence of a confused psychic [?]. Wacko. Must tune in next week for the next exciting instalment. No, I mean it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some lessons are learnt the hard way. Just gotta laugh though :D (my life cracks me up too...)
I think I'll email all my sisters next time - I doubt Dad or Guy would be interested! x

Jessie said...

Yeah go on! Heh.