My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Really tired now...

Too tired to bother with a photo even. Yesterday I finally succumbed to the germs flying around our house and am now suffering a fully-fledged and disgusting common cold. Am feeling really grotty and exhausted - and today just seemed to drag on and on... brilliant sunny bright day and I certainly felt only like curling up in a ball and sleeping it away. Of course, with two kids to care for this just didn't happen. I nearly got a midday nap but Bella decided she would only take 1 hour herself, instead of her usual 2 hours, so that idea got stymied.

It was the perfect day to go see the 'Goldilocks' play outdoors at Khandallah Park this afternoon, but we didn't get there. A shame as I have been told it's great, and even interactive for the kiddywinkles. Not that Lockie has been into that kind of thing in the past but he's a big boy now. He came home on Friday with a special 'kapai' certificate that he had received in assembly at school, for 'trying hard at everything he does'. His teacher had mentioned that morning he would be getting it, and said he is a model student and very attentive. Chest swelled with pride at that comment! Bless his cotton socks I say.

Have been sorting loads more stuff for selling on TradeMe but have grown tired of loading them onto the website, and have stopped at 20 items [kids' clothes, and books], and have decided I may attempt to sell the rest of the clothes at the Ngaio Plunket Sale, which is coming up next month. I made about $50 at the sale last year and am sure I can do better this year. It's a great concept - I label the clothes with my price, and a code specific to me, and they sell on my behalf and a small percentage of the sales goes to Plunket. Then later I go collect my cheque and any items that didn't sell. So I don't even have to be there on the day, although there are so many bargains to be had that I'll be there for sure.

Yawn, now it is time to go to bed - alone, as Fraz is out gigging tonight. He better not wake me when he comes home in the middle of the night... Maybe if I wasn't still breastfeeding I could take some drugs for my fuggy head and actually feel better [or not I s'pose - those Codral-type drugs make my mouth horribly dry, from distant memory].

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor dear Sis, I hope you get a chance for some 'me' time today! You certainly seem to have a lot on your plate (figuratively speaking of course...) xx

ANNA said...

Thanks Meg, but I'm feeling better today [Tues]. Linda suggested my hives may be due to the Fish Oil supplement I take so I'll quit them and see if it helps. xxx