My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Teletubby Crazy

Yes, Bella is nuts over those stupid Teletubbies. OK, she didn't buy this t-shirt, so I do indulge her in this obsession - 'feed it' if you will. Anyway, she's pretty happy as you can see by the photo. She has not seen them on TV yet, but has a stuffed Tinky Winky that talks, and a few books. They are soooo mindless and don't even speak proper English... what is the attraction I wonder? "Eh-oh! What's that? Oooohhhh".

It seems that I am NOT tasty to insects, at least not as much as I thought. I am still suffering from red itchy welts, mainly on my legs, but now have decided that they are actually HIVES, which I have never had before and could definitely do without. Sooooooooo itchy!! Forked out for some anti-itch cream at the pharmacy which does a feeble job really, but better than nothing. Am scratching my head over the cause though. Presumably it's something I'm eating, but dunno what... On advice of a friend I am off tomatoes and strawberries. Anyone got any other ideas?? Am keen to get a solution to the cause as they are pretty unsightly as well as being damned itchy. They are still popping up at a rate of 2 - 3 every day...

Lockie brought home a box of fundraiser Cadbury chocolate bars from school yesterday. Last year we got two boxes and am pretty sure we polished off most of the bars ourselves. Fraz took the box to work today [minus only 2 from last night!] so hopefully he can persuade the boys there to buy some of it. I would have taken a bunch of choccy to work today but once more cannot go as the caregiver's child has conjunctivitis so Bella can't go there. My kids [touch wood] have never had this affliction and it sure sounds yucky. Bella is still a bit snotty anyway, so it's best she doesn't spread those bugs around. Keep it in the family I say - Fraz and Lockie are sniffling a bit so good on ya Bell for sharing!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hives sound very unpleasant indeed sis, haven't got any suggestions except for - get you to a dr! That's what I'd do, but then again it is free here...yay Medicare x

Jessie said...

I think that ice cream and milk give me eczema. Could be just about anything though... difficult to figure it out.