My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Friday, December 16, 2005

Santa sweetie

Bella and I visited my mother-in-law at her shop last week and she draped some tinsel and a hat on her and snapped this cute shot. Bella doesn't see her Nana very often, hence the shy smile. It's a shame, as Nana is the only grandmother Bella has and I think it would be great if they could see each other more often. Nana is very busy with her business and her social life though! Fraz and I have vowed to be more involved personally with our grandkids - should we get any!

This morning is a scorcher and I [foolishly] decided, on the spur of the moment, to tackle the jungle in the backyard. I spent nearly an hour ripping out weeds and trimming back foliage and discovered two things: the yard is bigger than I remembered and it has a low rock wall that was previously invisible beneath the weeds. Was quite satisfied with that job but it's taken over half an hour for my overheated body to cool down indoors - my face has only just lost it's blush. Not that we ever spend any time in the yard as it is sloped and terraced with dangerous drops for kids. Oh well, I see it when I hang out the washing to dry so can appreciate my hard work then.

This afternoon I am checking out the local gym. It's annoying that they usually charge a huge whack to join, as well as the weekly fee - minimum of 12 month contract too! I guess joining the gym at this expensive time of year is not my smartest move. At least I can take advantage of the two-week free trial.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: