My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Shock! Horror!

Once I reached page 200 of my book I discovered that the heroine [Anna] is actually a widow - she's 33 and was married for less than a year. So now I'm depressed. Marian Keyes does that though: she writes with a hilarious quirky Irish style and throws 'serious life issues' into every one of her books...but I still like her stuff anyway. Just not sure if it's really 'chick lit'.

'Tis raining and bleak this afternoon. Spent much of the morning sipping tea and chatting at a neighbour's house, with another neighbour who is awaiting the birth of her third child - she's a week off her due date. Our 3 littlies played together nicely [mostly]. Bella was thrilled to get her hands on a full-on wooden Thomas the Tank Engine set-up, although she pretty much demolished it. The owner [aged 3] was very good about it. He wants his Mum to have a baby girl so was very sweet to Bella.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've noticed that about MK's books too - a bit offputting isn't it?! x

Jessie said...

Sure it's chick lit!

ANNA said...

Yes, I spose it is chick lit - anyway as much as it is a sad subject, I can't put the book down. The heroine is now waiting to talk to her dead husband through a psychic. I'm getting there. There just aren't enough hours in my day!