My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Big Red Car

Here's Bella in her Big Red Car, checking out the stamp on her hand that she got at Story Time at the library this morning. Today a good friend gave us this Cozy Coupe car with its top missing and quite a bit of scuffing and fading, and she LOVES it. As I write this, Lockie is pushing her around the house endlessly - she hasn't figured out how to push it along herself, Flintstone-style. He really wants to drive it himself, but I am trying to convince him that he is just too big.

Fraz is away tonight in Auckland at a managers' conference, and he has given Lockie the role of 'Boss of the House'. Funnily enough, Lockie realised this was a thankless task only 5 minutes in and handed the power back to me... No, but seriously, I had a lovely Mothers' Day on Sunday, with chocolates and a tiny glass Guardian Angel from the kids, and a gorgeous dinner from Frazer. And Lockie and I hung out all morning at a special viewing of 'Narnia' at The Penthouse, and then picnic-lunched at Mt Vic Lookout, although we had to eat in the car as icy rain was falling at the time. A great day!
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh dear, I forgot there are some mothers in my life still... oops. Sounds like you had a great day though!

ANNA said...

Jessie! Yes, and BTW it was Shirley's birthday on Mothers' Day too. Not that I remembered til Dad mentioned it.

ANNA said...

Oh dear, just realised I am checking my blog before 7am... gotta get a life!

Unknown said...

brrrmm brrrmm...what fun, too bad we never had a cool red car when we were kids!
I'd have sent Shirley an email if I'd known it was her bday on Sunday...d'oh

ANNA said...

Actually the car is causing strife here - Lockie gets a bit craZy with it and Bella gets possessive...sibling stuff we gotta work thru!