My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Busy happenings

Bella loves defacing the walls in the backyard - with chalk. And of course who am I to stifle her artistic streak!? Keeps her busy. And the rain deals with it eventually.

We are coping without our cat, although the other day Bella gently told me not to worry, he would turn up soon. Sweet child.

The school holidays are over now, and ended up being fairly busy, for me anyway! I went to the Brooke Fraser concert which was brilliant, and a few days later, on my birthday no less, I took Bella to see Hi-5 in concert. She loved it and didn't want it to end. And then, a couple of days ago I had the best day ever - went into the city in the morning with a good friend, and left the kids in their Dad's charge. We saw the Egyptian exhibition at Te Papa which was fascinating, and lunched at Arizona [delectable], then we saw Fiddler On The Roof [wonderful], and finished off with dinner and a movie in Brooklyn [very relaxing]. I considered my birthday well-celebrated and myself well-spoiled. [It certainly bet my actual birthday evening wherein I drank too much and was rather horribly ill later in the night, and never even left the house. How sad is that!?]

Had a great chat to my twin in Sydney last night, and it turned out her birthday evening wasn't much to write about either. Next year we will be in the same city and do it in style!!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Glad your after-birthday day and night were so good. You certainly packed a lot into your child-free time. I liked that picture of Bella by the fence. Coincidentally, Stella is doing a lot of outside chalk work at the moment. It started when I asked her to draw a line around the bbq that only adults were allowed to stand past. Now we have drawing on nearly everything in the yard! Happy days. Love K
ps made caramello from your recipe the other day! Nice, but not as delicious as I remember... perhaps that's a metaphor for all nostalgic revisited things?