My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Pink pancakes and Dreams

It's Sunday morning and I've been up for nearly an hour, owing to my darling husband snoring VERY LOUDLY, dead to the world, having gotten to bed after 5am... so I braved the cold house and made some pink pancake mix in preparation for our normal Sunday brekkie[Teletubbies have a bit to answer for there], and a cup of tea and now I sit before the computer in my jammies and new purple slippers, musing about silly things:

'Last night I had the strangest dream - I sailed a ship to China'... nah, I dreamt I was walking down the street in Welly and bumped into my sis Aud and her friend. Aud was looking really glum, wearing a pretty sunfrock and cardy [this was extremely weird for starters], and sporting a bulging middle. She said she was pregnant [another weird thing as she prefers girls]. Where do these kind of odd dreams come from??? Maybe this was my conscience reminding me that I really don't know what she gets up to in her spare time and should be in touch more. Maybe it is to do with the fact that tomorrow my youngest sister leaves our fair Aotearoa for a long time and I will suddenly be the only sister [out of 5] left in NZ. A lonely feeling indeed.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm the only girl so I haven't experienced sisters leaving although I can imagine what it might be like. It makes me feeling lonely just reading your post.

But I have experienced the husband snoring loudly in ear! Far too often!

ANNA said...

Thanks for commenting Dawn, I checked out your websites and look forward to reading your book which I have placed on reserve at my library. It is still on order but there are a few reserves already... [I don't tend to buy books generally].

BTW, I use foam earplugs when a good night's sleep is essential!

Jessie said...

Hı Anna oh no I have accıdentally swıtched the keyboard to Turkısh letters and I can't fınd the keys.. Hey thanks for callıng the other day when I was at the aırport. Punctuatıon ıs kıllıng me apparently they don't use commas.