My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Friday, May 11, 2007

NZSO rules!

On Wednesday I went to a rehearsal of the NZ Symphony Orchestra at the Michael Fowler Centre. It was an early afternoon affair, with tea and bikkies with the Mayor of Wellington beforehand! The music was just magical and my friend, Judi, and I sat there quite entranced. Time passed so quickly and after a while we had to sneak out to feed the parking meters, and then had lunch and sneaked back in for some more 'musical chocolate' - my term which means it was really delicious to listen to! Later I met my boys over at the hospital for Lockie's paediatrician appointment, where the news was all good and we left the hospital feeling rather pleased with ourselves - Lockie's health is really good so we must be doing something right.

Our house is getting the exterior painted this week [and next] which is a pretty messy and noisy job - at least until the sanding is completed. The all-women middle-aged crew are very nice, and their Pekinese, Ty, very hairy and cute. I don't know if the lawns will ever look the same again though - paint chips and dust galore has decorated the grass with off-white and pink [that's the undercoat]. And there's certainly plenty of dust/dirt/paint chips that creeps inside on a daily basis.

Less than two weeks now until the Zoo Sleepover that Lockie's class is participating in takes place. I have volunteered to be one of the parent helpers who come along. Should be fun! I don't expect to get too much sleep though...

So, lots of excitement going on here!!! How about you?

2 comments:

Jessie said...

What diverse musical experiences you have been having lately! I haven't any excitement to offer of my week, apart from the novelty of going to bed before 10pm more two nights in a row ;)

ANNA said...

Wow, unheard of. Good on you. That would be a novelty for me too!