My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Alligator Wrestling anyone?

I had a weird dream this morning - right before the alarm woke me up. It involved me bravely wrestling with an alligator while my sis [Meg] hurried my kids to safety. I've been trying to 'interpret' it ever since. Maybe I have found a new inner strength, or my sessions at the gym have inflated my ego along with my muscles...who knows. It was pretty cool anyway. Just can't figure out why I was wearing yellow rubber gloves at the time though.

This morning I realised that the swimming togs I had bought in summer had never seen light, so, once it was confirmed that Lockie's soccer was cancelled [boggy pitch probably], I took him to the Karori Pool instead. It was pleasant and Lockie had fun as always. He starts 'water confidence' classes in a couple of days at our local pool and has mixed feelings towards the idea. He's never had swimming lessons before and is unsure of how much fun they'll be. His friend is joining him at the lessons so I'm sure it will be fine. I think the classes are kept small - only 5 kids at a time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wacky dream! Don't bother to try to interpret it though, dreams at the time right before you wake seldom make any sense. Ally's Charlie has swimming lessons, I've watched & they seemed good for building up basic water confidence.

ANNA said...

Lockie is VERY confident in the water already so hopefully he'll still enjoy the classes - we had no choice as all first-timers for lessons must do this class first.

ANNA said...

BTW Megs, thanks for being my 1300th visitor!!