My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Keeping Bell Happy

In a few days Bella will start officially at a local childcare centre, for two days a week [their minimum]. She has spent a few half-days there over the last week, to help settle her in, at which time she refused to eat the lunches they offered, nor sleep for very long. Not a promising start, but it can only get better, right?!? She was really pissed off with me when I left her each time, but was notably happier when I returned to collect her. Helps assuage my guilt at dumping her there and scurrying off to the gym... of course I'll be scurrying off to work instead this week.

In this photo she is clutching a bowl that she was banging with a spoon and nearby is her bucket which she fills with toys and carts around the house. She is nearly 18 months old now, and still has only 5 teeth...I look every day for more but no luck so far. A friend has pointed out [on more than one occasion] that she has quite large teeth, to which I reply that they fit her perfectly. When you think about it, a baby's teeth need to be a bit largish as they keep them for several years and a big 6-year-old with tiny teeth looks a bit odd.
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I see it all now. Lockie on guitar and vox, Bella on drums. Are you with me?

ANNA said...

Yep, and don't forget Fraz on bass guitar! I'll be the embarrassing middle-aged groupie I guess...

ANNA said...

It appears that tooth number 6 is making itself known - it had to happen! Thank goodness, maybe we can shelve the idea of baby-dentures for a while longer...

ANNA said...

Yes indeed, so when do you intend to move back over this side of the world Katy??!?! Bella made BIG FUSS this morning at drop-off time, clinging tightly and having to be prised off me, etc, but she did stop crying as soon as I left her sight...little minx. She's only really eating peas as far as veges go lately, so will need to work on that.