My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cherub

Today I took a walk in my lunchbreak, through a park next to my work. It was sunny, but I could smell a familiar dampness emanating from the bush that signified that rain had recently fallen. The gravel crunched pleasingly under my sneakers and several tuis were warbling busily. I watched as one sang on, the cottonwool quivering beneath its beak, oblivious to my presence for a moment, before spying me and flitting to the safety of a further branch. To complete the tranquility, a hidden stream merrily babbled, as streams do. Felt quite meditative. I don't often do this without my children and it was refreshing to not speak to anyone.

It has been a while since I managed to get myself sorted to blog. I have celebrated our birthday since then, and my dear twin has spent 10 days here with me - oh what shopping we did do! Unfortunately for her, the last 5 days of her holiday Bella was ill with gastroenteritis and this consumed a lot of my time and energy [cleaning up all the vomit and poo...]. My twin was extremely good about that and just the most helpful person I could have asked for. A BIG THANK YOU!!! Now she has returned to the land of Oz and I am planning my trip to go visit her there later in the year. I have a few misgivings about leaving the kids alone with their Dad for a week though. Shall just have to get over it - what's the worst he can do??!?! [Don't answer that - I don't want to know!]

BTW, when I show Bella this photo of herself she calls it 'bubba' and looks quite bemused when I tell her it is herself!
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jessie said...

I've got it! She looks like Riff-Raff.

ANNA said...

Er, who?

Jessie said...

Anna!! I thought the Rocky Horror Picture Show was a family thing.

Unknown said...

I don't really think she looks like Riff-Raff...much! Though there's definitely an innocent mischief about that face :D x

ANNA said...

Oh of course I knew who Riff-Raff was - I was just shocked you could possibly think my wee girl could bear ANY resemblance to that scoundrel...hehehe.