My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Morning After

I actually went out on St Patricks Day last night!!! This is rare for me and I had a groovy time on the sticky dancefloor of JJ Murphys with 2 friends whom I first met exactly 8 years ago, at a gig of Frazer's then band, Zoo Station. I don't see much of them these days but we'll always be friends. It was worth the half hour queue to get in and all the bright green clothes people seemed to feel obliged to wear. I actually forgot the occasion so was dressed more demurely [what an old fart!]
My boots were great though, and Bella loves them. Yawn, am a bit sleep deprived now. Hopefully I can get away with a quiet Saturday today.

I'm finding this blog thing more of a chore than I should, and I feel absurdly guilty about it. I mean, it's pretty self-indulgent to rattle on about my kids, my complaints, and books I read! But that's just the nature of it I guess. Once I do get around to it it's fun. And I occasionally get a comment from a friend about how much they enjoy reading it and this makes it all worthwhile.

BTW, I read a good book recently - The Children Of The Dust, can't remember the author. A woman I work with said she had studied it in 3rd form English, so I thought it might be worth a try. It's set over 55 years and chronicles several generations of Britons, starting with the nuclear war that all but destroyed the entire world. It's really hopeful at the end though. I couldn't help thinking that it would make a great mini-series....OMG I am a product of too much TV viewing...
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ANNA said...

Hey Jess, recognise the cute hoodie on Bella? Thanks for that, she finally fits it :)

Jessie said...

Yes! I was just about to comment on it. Looks very snug! xx

Oh and yes of course you will at least hear from me next Saturday. There's a good chance I can get you tickets. I got some for Ally in Melbourne and she enjoyed it.

ANNA said...

Goody! Umm, would there be 2 of them?

Unknown said...

tix in Sydney would have been great...
So glad you went out Sis, can't believe it's been 8 years since you met the girls!
See y'all in just 26 days :D

ANNA said...

Thanks Katy, very kind of you. Yeah, I will have to pull my sox up!!!