My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Bookworm

I have read another book I wanted to mention on my blog at the risk of appearing to be a complete bookworm! It's "Behind Closed Doors" by Ngaire Thomas. It tells the story of Ngaire's life with the Exclusive Brethren, in Auckland, and the eventual excommunication of her family and the struggles they overcame after being cast out from all they had ever known. It is a really fascinating insight into a subject I knew nothing about. This book was first published in 2004, and is still extremely popular in NZ - at least at the library - I had to wait several weeks on the Reserves list to get a copy. And then I read the whole thing in a day - very very interesting reading to say the least. It is the only book of its kind on this subject. Find a copy and read it now!!!

And now for something completely different - Bella can say some words!!! [She is 15 months old now for those who are struggling to keep up]. She can say 'glasses', 'crackers', 'carrot', 'milk', 'hat', 'peas', 'car', and the usual Mama and Dadda of course. Actually, to be totally truthful, her versions of most of these words are only translatable by me, but that's a start I reckon!

2 comments:

ANNA said...

look forward to the uprising of your blog Aud!

Jessie said...

You're coming over in April? VISIT AUCKLAND PLEASE!