My photo
Wanganui, New Zealand
Busy living life in the 'burbs, but is LIFE passing me by? Let's explore that notion...

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Rest In Peace

Two days ago was the 7th anniversary of my Mum's death. I spent the day [at work] feeling strangely lost. I vividly remember the day I got a phonecall from my brother-in-law to say she had suddenly passed away. I felt so choked with shock and despair I could barely breathe. It was like my life [as I knew it] was over. Of course, it wasn't really over, but a few months later my first child was born and discovered to have CF and my grief really hit me then. Mum would have known how to comfort me - she had the knack of saying just the right thing, and her humour was guaranteed to make me smile through my tears. I sure hope I can be a Mum like that to my kids when they are grown.

This morning Belinda Emmett passed away in the hospital my sister works in in Sydney. We had watched 'Rove Live' last night and I feel deeply sad for Rove's loss. He's such a likeable character, it feels awful to imagine his pain at his wife's passing, not that I can.

What a sad little blog! Sorry folks. Will be chirpier next time!!!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh dear I remember the phone call I got too - it was you that called me :(

No fun huh.

Unknown said...

Getting sad news like that by phone is very hard. Making a call like that is too. I heard about Mum from a stranger - a priest from the parish came to the house. I guess Dad had arranged that.
Everyone I know is very sad about Belinda, she was so sweet and so young.

ANNA said...

I don't remember calling you Jess! Better from family though, than a priestly stranger.